As another year comes to a close, millions of Los Angeles residents will reflect on the last twelve months and set the tone for the upcoming year. Setting resolutions for the new year is a practice that dates back to Babylonian times. And while we often look for ways to improve ourselves, let us offer an alternative approach. Consider setting a new year’s resolution for your home!
In this article, we propose a trio of ideas to put home improvement at the front of your mind for the coming year.
Resolve to Maintain Your Equipment
Owning a home in LA comes with responsibility. If you’re like most homeowners, there’s always another leak to fix, window to seal, or wall to patch. But when a home appliance breaks down, there’s no waiting. You have to fix it immediately to bring your home back to working order. And inevitably, these breakdowns happen at the worst time.
You can help to prevent breakdowns by prioritizing maintenance. Just like a regular oil change for your car, or a check-up at the dentist, maintenance for your home appliances is key to identifying and resolving any issues that could cause problems later on.
Here at Canoga Park Heating & Air Conditioning, we tell our customers the same thing we tell our family. Treat your HVAC system to a performance evaluation at least twice a year. Besides improving the reliability of your heating and cooling system, this service will also improve the energy efficiency of your HVAC–reducing your energy bills. Text us at (818) 348-4085 to schedule a performance evaluation in January!
Resolve to Improve Air Quality
The wildfires here in the Los Angeles area can make it tough to breathe outside. But soot and dust particles don’t stop at your front door. If there’s anyone in your home that’s sensitive to the invisible molecules floating around in the air, next year resolve to tackle the air quality in your home.
Focusing on air quality is especially important for these household members:
- Elderly, including people over the age of 60
- Young, including people under the age of 12
- Someone that suffers from a chronic sickness
- Someone that works from home, or spends a majority of their time inside the home
- Pets with allergies or sicknesses
Research has proven that the air inside your home is so bad, it’s worse than the air outside. Yikes! And that flimsy air filter inside your furnace isn’t doing much to help. That filter is mostly there to protect the internal components of your air conditioner and furnace from large dust particles.
If one of your new year’s resolutions is cleaning up your home’s air, consider a whole-home air purifier. We install this device inside your ductwork so it treats the air in your entire home. The small, plug-in air purifiers you can buy online only clean the 12-24 inches surrounding them. A whole-home air purifier can even kill airborne bacteria.
Canoga Park Heating & Air Conditioning can help select the air purifier that works best with your heating and cooling system. Our NATE-certified technicians are knowledgeable about all sorts of air purifiers. Allow us to assist you with your new year’s goals. Call us at (818) 348-4768.
Resolve to Get Connected
Ready to bring your home into the modern era? This year is the year to get your home connected. A connected home is one that has several devices connected to the internet. A few years ago, there were only a few smart devices on the market. Now, you can get nearly any device connected to the cloud, from your thermostat to your dishwasher.
Here are some benefits of a connected home:
- Manage your home remotely–never worry again about unexpected visitors at your door, or forgetting to turn down the air conditioner before vacation. It is convenient to check in on your home through an interface you’re already familiar with–your phone!
- Automation and learning–if you think programming your coffee maker is cool, allow us to bring you to the year 2020! Connected devices not only make it simple to schedule any action in your home (temperature, lights, and more) but many devices also learn your preferences. For example, the Nest Learning Thermostat will remember the conditions in which you changed the temperature, and do it automatically for you in the future.
- Improve home security–Video security is great, but intruders can easily defeat closed-circuit recording. With a camera connected to the cloud, your stored recordings are safe on an off-site server. Plus, the Nest suite of cameras offers sound and motion detection. You can even review past notifications in the Nest mobile app.
Canoga Park Heating & Air Conditioning is a Nest Pro Elite Installer. Our team has training from industry leader Nest on proper installation–which means your smart devices will work the first time you use them. We offer the full suite of Nest and Google home products to get you started on your connected home. Contact us today to get started!
Happy New Year from Canoga Park
We wish our family of customers a very Happy New Year! We hope as you make those new year’s resolutions, you keep your home in the mix of ideas. After all, it’s where you live! If we can help you get a head start on those resolutions, contact us. We’re here through the entire holiday season!