The time has come for your new air conditioner install! Get ready: improved comfort, performance, and efficiency are coming your way in short order. But for many homeowners, their AC Install Day holds less excitement and more anxiety because they have never overseen an AC replacement. Fear not! This blog will cover everything you need to know about how to prepare for your air conditioner installation and what to expect from our team.
Preparing for Your San Fernando Valley AC Install
For the smoothest possible air conditioner installation, it can help to plan ahead. With a little extra prep ahead of time, our expert install teams can work even faster and more efficiently. Here are a few steps you can take to ensure an easy-breezy AC install day:
- Arrange to Be Present During the AC Install Day – An adult over 18 years of age must be onsite while our team is present. If you have a job that allows you to work remotely, we suggest trying to limit longer meetings and phone calls as the noise from installation may interrupt them.
- Make a Plan For Your Pets – Most humans think our installations are pretty tame, but pets disagree. We’re strangers that are entering and exiting doors, moving through the home, loading in equipment, and making loud noises. For the safety of your animals, we encourage pet owners to relocate them for the day. This is a great day for doggy daycare, the animal spa, or calling in a favor with a friend or neighbor. At a minimum, secure any pets in a closed-off space in your home. Remember – we’ll be working outside, too, so the outdoors may not be an option.
- Arrange for Childcare – For the safety of your family, children should remain far away from our working areas. We strongly encourage families to arrange for childcare outside of the home while we are installing your new air conditioner.
- Clear Access to Outdoor Unit – Our install teams require a clear path to your existing outdoor unit and/or where the new unit will be installed. You can help us by unlocking gates, clearing away overgrown bushes, and moving any yard furniture or other items that would be in the pathway of our install team.
- Inspect the Indoor Pathway – Walk the footpath from the place we’ll park our truck all the way to the location of your air handler. During installation day we will move items that may be in our way, and move them back after. However, if you would like to relocate these items yourself it can help speed things along. Identify any small furniture pieces, indoor plants, or items hanging on the walls that may need special care and temporarily move them somewhere else.
- Clear Attic Clutter – If you are like most of our customers, you have tubs of decorations or important family memories stored right where your AC is (or where it will go). This is a great excuse to do some decluttering or get a head start on spring cleaning. Our team will need at least 6 feet of clearance on all sides of the equipment.
On The Day Of Your New AC Installation
As a part of our commitment to customer satisfaction, our team will be communicating with you in the time leading up to our arrival. We always send a text message as a reminder the day before your appointment. Please note that in the case of inclement weather – such as a rain, lightning, or excessive smoke from wildfires, we may need to reschedule your install day.
About 30 minutes before we arrive, please start securing your pets and ensuring other family members are a safe distance from the working area.
You can expect our team will arrive on-time with your brand new energy-efficient air conditioner and everything required for installation. To kick off your AC install day, our friendly lead installer will introduce themselves and inspect the pathways leading to installation areas.
Canoga Park technicians will treat your home with care throughout the entire AC replacement or installation process. Our team will begin placing floor coverings to protect your home and start relocating any of your personal items in the path of installation. Our team will always wear shoe covers anytime we enter your home to prevent tracking in any debris.
Throughout this whole process – you can relax! Your brand new air conditioner is being installed by highly qualified NATE technicians.
Once your new air conditioner is up and running, our team will do a final quality check on the install. If you’ve opted for a new thermostat, our team will program it and show you how to use it. If it’s a part of your Google Home system, we’d be happy to get that all set up as well. Finally, we’ll clean up our work space, pick up all of our drop cloths, and return any personal items to their rightful spot.
Tips for Taking Care of Your New AC
Congratulations! You are the proud owner of a brand spankin’ new AC.
Like all other machines, wear and tear starts on Day 1. Mark your calendar to schedule an air conditioner tune up in one year. Maintenance is required by HVAC manufacturers to keep your warranty intact. Plus, seasonal maintenance helps your system run smoothly and gives us a chance to catch any problems before they turn into breakdowns.
For a more hands-off approach, we recommend investing in one of our worry-free maintenance plans. We’ll remind you when it’s time for a tune up, and you’ll get discounts on repairs and priority service whenever you call.
We really appreciate you choosing Canoga Park Heating & Air Conditioning for your air conditioning installation. Our family has been serving the Canoga Park and surrounding areas since 1963, and we’re so glad to have you as a part of our legacy. Should you have any lingering questions about what to expect on your AC install day, don’t hesitate to reach out!