Here at Canoga Park Heating & Air Conditioning, we understand that your heating and cooling systems are complex. If you experience a problem or have a question, it can be hard to find the right answer. That’s why we have compiled answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about HVAC systems and services. Read on for helpful information about our company, our services, and the HVAC systems we can help you with. If you still have questions, give us a call at (818) 348-4768 or contact us online.
What are some common contractor scams?
If you’re planning a home improvement project, there are lots of great contractors to choose from. But remember, not all contractors operate within the law.
Your “rip-off” alert should be in high gear when a less than reputable contractor:
- Goes door-to-door with high-pressure selling tactics
- “Can’t find” his contracting license
- Just happens to have materials left over from a previous job
- Only accepts cash payments
- Asks you to get the required permits
- Does not list a business number in the local telephone directory
- Says your job will be a “demonstration”
- Pressures you for a decision
- Asks you to pay for the entire job up-front
- Strongly suggests that you borrow money from a lender the contractor knows. Be careful, or you could lose your home through a home improvement loan scam.
Make sure that a contractor is licensed and reputable. Ask your friends for referrals and ask the contractor for references. You can also research contractors with the Better Business Bureau, state and local consumer protection officials, and your state licensing agency.
How can I reduce my energy bills?
Keeping energy bills lower requires a few smart moves.
It can help to:
- Clean your filters monthly and replace as necessary to save energy and reduce dust and pollen in the air
- Raise the temperature setting when you go out to reduce operating costs.
- Use a programmable thermostat – set it and forget it!
- Shade your air conditioner from direct sun to reduce its workload
- Tune-up your heat pump or air conditioner since maintenance is the number one factor in system inefficiency and failure
- Install ceiling fans – the air circulation promotes cooling in the summer and heating efficiency in the winter
- Close drapes to keep out the hot daytime sun, especially on south- and west-facing windows – sunny windows make air conditioners work two to three times harder
- Close fireplace dampers or glass doors
- Consider replacing old appliances with new energy-efficient models
- Weather-strip windows and exterior doors
How do you really offer energy-savings guarantees? Isn’t that up to the equipment, not the installer?
It’s true that a lot of the efficiency of your system is based on the type of equipment you select (which is one reason we only carry reputable brands). However, even the best equipment installed incorrectly will cause you to lose energy. We’re able to guarantee energy savings because of the equipment we provide and our tested installation techniques.
Why would I want a maintenance agreement? Can’t I just service my system when I feel like it?
You could service your system when you feel like it – the same way you can give your car an oil change when you feel like it. But, just as your car’s performance will suffer if it’s not serviced, so will your home comfort system.
The longer you go between services, the more time that dust and dirt can accumulate and the less efficient your system is. A maintenance agreement schedules your system’s tune-ups automatically. We keep up with when your system needs to be checked out and we schedule it so that you don’t have to worry about figuring out when to give us a call. Plus, Maintenance Agreement customers get priority service and discounts on any repairs they may eventually need. It’s a win-win all around!
What does flat-rate billing mean?
Flat rate means that the price you’re quoted is the price you pay – no extras added on, or “hidden” fees. Flat-rate pricing is our way of guaranteeing that you get excellent service and a fair price every time you call.
Is it true that the utility companies can give me financing?
We’ve teamed up with GreenSky®, who offers special financing with approved credit.
Can I rely on Canoga Park Heating & Air Conditioning to service my equipment in a timely manner?
You can get service when you need it because of our focus on service instead of the easier new construction. In order to make certain that we have technicians available to meet your service needs, we focus on repair services and replacing equipment that breaks down rather than spreading ourselves too thin and getting involved in new construction. This commitment of time and resources means that when you have a problem, a repair specialist will be available to fix it.
Do you offer any specials?
Yes we do! Canoga Park Heating & Air Conditioning proudly offers financing options and seasonal rebates.
Is leasing available for my commercial equipment?
Yes. Several financial institutions allow for time payments for commercial HVAC systems. This is a wonderful way to have equipment installed when you need it and pay for it every month up to 12 years. This can really help with your cash flow.