Heat Pump Systems in the San Fernando Valley
We know that you are sorting through plenty of information as you find the perfect HVAC unit for your Los Angeles home. Here at Canoga Park Heating & Air Conditioning, we offer a wide variety of high-quality heating and cooling systems to suit your needs, whatever they may be. A heat pump is different from the traditional air conditioning system in that it offers both heating and air conditioning, and includes many features in the way of comfort, efficiency, and cost-savings.
Is a Heat Pump Right for My Family?
No one looks forward to purchasing a brand new heating and cooling system. It’s an expensive investment and it is a decision you will make just a few times in your lifetime. Trying to learn the ins and outs of the HVAC industry can drive a homeowner mad. When you call our team to provide a consultation and quote for your new cooling system, we will listen to your needs and make a recommendation based on what we think fits best. Here are some of the scenarios where we will most commonly recommend a heat pump system:
- Furnace Replacement with No AC in Home – Most homes in the San Fernando Valley have a furnace. Furnaces can last fifteen years or longer, depending on how they have been maintained. But when it comes time to install a new furnace, you might consider a heat pump instead. This is especially true if you do not have any air conditioning in your home. A heat pump can provide both heating and cooling from a single system, which makes a nice upgrade from a heating-only system.
- Remodel or New Construction – There’s one thing that everyone needs in a remodel or new construction, and that’s more space. Since a heat pump takes the place of both a furnace and an air conditioner, you can reduce the space requirements for equipment.
- Aging Air Conditioner and Heater – It’s bad enough to replace a furnace or replace an air conditioner, but having to do both in the same year or two is a double whammy. Choosing a heat pump system can save homeowners thousands of dollars because you are replacing two pieces of equipment with just one. As a bonus, you’ll have less equipment to maintain in the years to come.
- Move to Electricity – Many of our customers have asked about a fully electric home. Heat pumps use electricity for heating, so you can eliminate the need for natural gas. This is very helpful if you are looking to consolidate your utilities, or if you’re looking to implement on-site power generation like solar panels.
- Energy Efficiency – Heat pumps are some of the most efficient HVAC units on the market. Eco-conscious homeowners can confidently choose a heat pump unit as a better choice for the planet. As an added incentive, heat pumps regularly qualify for specials and rebates, which makes the deal even greener (see what we did there?).
How Heat Pumps Work
Heat pump systems work by changing the direction of refrigerant flow in the piping system. For air conditioning, refrigerant flows in one direction. For heating, refrigerant flows in the opposite direction. This is made possible by a special component called a reversing valve.
If you’ve done any amount of research into heat pump systems, then you might notice something uncanny. Heat pumps look an awful lot like air conditioners. The fact is that heat pumps and air conditioners share a lot of the same components. They both have an outdoor condensing unit, an indoor coil, and ductwork. The difference between the two is the direction that the coolant moves between the components. Air conditioners are built for the chemical to flow in one direction, while heat pumps can reverse the flow and work in both directions.
One important note: refrigerant flow through a heat pump system can only go in one direction at a time. So, most heat pumps can offer cooling or heating independently, but not simultaneously. Besides – there are very few situations where you would ever want heating and cooling at the same time in your house!
Benefits of Heat Pump Systems
- Easier to Maintain – Fewer pieces of equipment means less maintenance.
- Higher Efficiency – Heat pumps are one of the most efficient products in the market.
- Cost-Effective – It is more affordable to purchase one heat pump than buying both an air conditioner and a furnace.
- Year-Round Comfort – Not all homes in LA have both cooling and heating. A heat pump is an upgrade you’ll be thankful for 365 days a year.
- Runs on Electric – Heat pumps use electricity, making it an excellent choice for homeowners looking to ditch natural gas.
Carrier Heat Pump Units
Canoga Park Heating & Air Conditioning partners with world HVAC leader, Carrier, to bring you the highest quality equipment. We are a Carrier Factory Authorized Dealer, which means you will get the best expertise and the most superior customer service. We offer three product lines of heat pump systems:
Carrier’s Infinity Series is the pinnacle of the product line with the most innovative features built-in. Carrier’s Greenspeed Intelligence units offer the absolute highest energy efficiency of any Carrier heat pump. You can expect an Infinity Series heat pump system to deliver superior comfort, quiet performance, and unparalleled efficiency. Plus – the Greenspeed Intelligence system is the ultimate solution for a connected home with WiFi capabilities.
The Performance Series offers above-average performance, flexibility, and efficiency. These heat pumps strike a balance for customers looking for better energy savings on a budget. Performance Series units operate with multiple stages of cooling, which means improved comfort and less noise.
If you’re seeking the most economical heat pump solution, the Comfort Series is for you. These versatile models still provide the dual function of cooling and heating at a budget-friendly price. Customers can expect Comfort Series heat pumps to be reliable, efficient, and affordable.
- How Geothermal Heat Pumps Work
- How Ductless Heat Pumps Work
- Heat Pumps vs Furnaces for Heating
- Differences Betweens Heat Pumps & Air Conditioners
- What Size Heat Pump Do I Need?
Canoga Park Can Install Your New Heat Pump!
Call us at 818-348-4768 to schedule your free heat pump consultation. As your neighborhood experts in all things heating and cooling, we can provide you with our professional opinion. We have a friendly team that will provide service with a smile – and without any high-pressure sales tactics. We treat all of our customers like family, which means you can trust us to be honest. Contact us today and we’ll find you a perfect solution for your Los Angeles home.