Air Conditioners for San Fernando Valley Homes
Researching air conditioners isn’t how anyone wants to spend their free time. A faulty air conditioner – or one that’s already bit the dust – is frustrating enough. We understand you’re trying to learn as much as you can about air conditioners in the shortest possible time. This page is your one-stop-shop for everything you need to know about air conditioners.
What Your Need to Know About Replacing Your AC
Many Los Angeles homeowners want a fast solution to get cool air back in their home. We often get phone calls asking for a quote on the cheapest replacement for the exact size and type of air conditioner already installed. However, a direct replacement isn’t always the best option.
At Canoga Park Heating & Air Conditioning, we want to make sure you have the best solution that will meet your needs for the long run. The brand, type, and size of your existing equipment is just one point of information. Some other considerations for a new air conditioner include:
- Changes in structure or lifestyle – even with equipment replacements, our Comfort Consultants will calculate your cooling needs based on your home as it exists today. We often discover a lot has changed since an A/C was first installed. Perhaps your home has been through some renovations, or you have a lot of new heat-generating electronics. We want to make sure you have the right size equipment to suit your needs.
- Replacement impact – Do you plan to stay in your home for many more years, or is the replacement a stopgap before you sell? By understanding the reason for your replacement, we can help recommend the best solution.
- Comfort concerns – if you have experienced uneven cooling in your home with hot spots and cold spots, that’s something we can address with your new system.
- Eco-friendly choices – many of our customers are environmentally conscious. Since air conditioners consume a tremendous amount of energy, selecting an energy-efficient air conditioner can make a big impact on your carbon footprint. And – it’s a choice you can feel good about for the next 10 years!
- Rebates and specials – when homeowners call and ask for an exact replacement, they may miss out on thousands of dollars of savings in rebates. To say it succinctly, you may qualify for a higher-grade system at the same – or lower – price point.
Types of Air Conditioners for LA Homeowners
If you’re not an HVAC expert, you may not know that there are many types of air conditioners. And just because your home currently has one type doesn’t mean you can’t make the switch to a different type. The most common kinds of air conditioners we see in the San Fernando Valley are:
- Central Air Conditioners – these systems are the most common type of AC in the Valley. The technical term is a split direct expansion (DX) unit. The air conditioner is “split” into two pieces: an outdoor condensing unit and an indoor evaporator coil. Typically, the coil is installed within a furnace. There are several options within the Central AC category, ranging from more economical choices to modern and highly efficient units with all the bells and whistles.
- Central Heat Pump – Despite the name which includes “ heat”, a heat pump is a type of air conditioning system! A heat pump looks just like an air conditioner, but the internal components are slightly different. The difference between a heat pump and an air conditioner is that a heat pump can provide both cooling and heating. That means you don’t need a furnace at all. If your furnace needs replacing at the same time as your AC, a heat pump can be a very economical choice. Not to mention, heat pumps are very energy efficient!
- Ductless Mini-Split – For the ultimate in comfort and efficiency, try something completely different: a ductless mini split system. Most ductless mini splits are heat pumps – providing both cooling and heating. But instead of a central system, where all the cooling or heating is generated in one place and distributed throughout a home, ductless systems are decentralized. That means the conditioning of air happens within the individual spaces. Centralizing this work improves both comfort and efficiency. Plus, ductless units don’t require any ductwork, which is a huge bonus if you have plans for renovations.
- Energy Efficient Air Conditioners for Los Angeles Homes
- HVAC Financing Options
- Can I Just Replace the Outdoor Unit on an Older AC System to Save Money?
- Should I Repair or Replace my HVAC?
- How Do You Know When It’s Time to Replace Your AC?
- What Size Heat Pump Do I Need?
- How Is Heating And Cooling Equipment Efficiency Measured
- What To Consider When Choosing to Replace Your HVAC Unit
- Heating & Cooling FAQs
Air Conditioners At Any Budget
At Canoga Park Heating & Air Conditioning, we install high-quality Carrier equipment. Carrier literally invented air conditioning and has been a world leader in HVAC products ever since.
We are seasoned professionals in air conditioning replacements. Our team will visit your home and provide you with recommendations that meet your needs. We will never recommend an air conditioner that is more than you need or asked for.
Our Comfort Consultants are committed to finding a solution that works for your family without ever compromising on quality. We are knowledgeable about active rebates and financing options, which can make your purchase more manageable. Call us today to schedule an appointment; you’ll see why so many of your neighbors are a part of our Canoga Park family.